Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app
Use the Xbox Accessories app to remap buttons and create controller profiles for your Xbox Adaptive Controller.
Watch the video, Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller. Note This video is available in English only.
Open the Xbox Accessories app
To open the Xbox Accessories app on Xbox One, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My games & apps > See all > Apps, and then choose Xbox Accessories.
To open the Xbox Accessories app on Windows 10, press the Start button, type Xbox Accessories or choose it from the list, and then sign in.
|Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize how you play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller.|
- The Xbox Accessories app is available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Adaptive Controller and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC.
- If the Xbox Accessories app isn’t installed on your PC, you can get it in the Microsoft Store.
Create profiles and switch between them
To create a controller profile:
- Using your Xbox Adaptive Controller, open the Xbox Accessories app.
- Scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select Configure.
- Select New profile, give your profile a name, then configure your changes.
Note Any button that you reassign will also apply to other inputs that have the same value. For example, if you reassign D-pad down on the face of the controller to the Y button , then the D-pad down 3.5mm port will also be assigned to the Y button .
- When you’re done, press the B button.
Create multiple profiles in the app and switch between them using the Xbox Adaptive Controller’s built-in Profile button.
- Open the Xbox Accessories app, scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select Configure.
- In Profiles, select a controller profile you’ve created or create a new one.
- Choose a slot.
You can assign a slot for up to three profiles. Press the Profile button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller to switch between them. When no bars appear lit next to the Profile button, the controller is using the default button mapping.
You can also assign an input device to act as a “Shift” key. Alternate inputs for your buttons are activated when the assigned Shift button is held down (helpful for changing configurations on the fly). For more info, see How do I use Shift with the Xbox Adaptive Controller?
Looking for setup suggestions?
Here are some resources and groups that can help you get started:
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app" issue you were reading about or a different issue?