Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
Shift on a controller works a lot like it does on a standard keyboard. When you press and hold the assigned Shift button, the buttons you choose become alternate inputs (helpful for changing configurations on the fly). For example, let’s assume you’ve assigned your Shift button to a paddle. By pressing and holding the paddle, the X button might act as Y , or D-pad down might act as Left bumper . How you assign Shift and alternate inputs is up to you.
To assign a Shift button:
- Open the Xbox Accessories app:
- On Xbox One, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My games & apps > See all > Apps, and then choose Xbox Accessories.
- On Windows 10, press the Start button , type Xbox Accessories or choose it from the list, and then sign in. If the app isn’t installed on your PC, get it in the Microsoft Store.
- For sticks, choose left or right stick, then choose Shift. To swap your left stick with the right stick when modifying with Shift (or vice versa), select the Swap X axis with left/right stick and Swap Y axis with left/right stick checkboxes. To invert the up/down direction of your stick when modifying with Shift, select the Invert Y axis checkbox. When you’re done, press the B button .
- For buttons, choose a button on the controller you want to modify with Shift, then choose
Shift. Choose a button from the list (this will be the button that’s used when the Shift button is held down).
The Shift status will reflect the button you’ve chosen. When you’re done, press the B button .
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2" issue you were reading about or a different issue?