Update the Xbox Adaptive Controller
Updates help improve the performance of your Xbox Adaptive Controller.
To check for an update:
- On Xbox One, using the controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My games & apps > See all > Apps, then choose Xbox Accessories. Scroll over to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then choose More options. Press the Firmware version button, then follow the prompts.
- On Windows 10, press the Start button, type Xbox Accessories or choose it from the list, sign in, then choose More options. Press the Firmware version button, then follow the prompts.
If the Firmware version button says there’s no update available, your controller is up to date.
- The Xbox Accessories app is available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the controller and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC.
- If the Xbox Accessories app isn’t installed on your PC, you can get it in the Microsoft Store.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Update the Xbox Adaptive Controller " issue you were reading about or a different issue?