Error 0x80073cf3 occurs when you try to install a game on Xbox One
You see the following error when trying to download and install a game on your Xbox One console:
This means that there’s already an existing version of the game on your console.
This error indicates that you have an existing version of the game on your Xbox One console, which is preventing the new version from installing. To remove the prior version:
- Return to the Home screen.
- On Home, pull the right trigger and press the A button open My games & apps.
- Highlight the game tile without the error bar across it and press the Menu button on the controller.
- Select Manage game.
- Select Uninstall, or select Internal and then Uninstall all.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the game.
- Press the B button to return to the previous menu.
- Select the tile of the game with the error bar across it and press the Menu button on the controller.
- Select Retry install.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.