Connect to your Xbox Live account with Xbox on Windows games
Xbox on Windows games lets you take advantage of Xbox Live features, such as Achievements and the ability to share your gameplay history. Learn how to connect to Xbox Live with Xbox on Windows games.
Requirements for connecting to Xbox Live
To connect to Xbox Live from an Xbox on Windows game, you’ll need the following:
- A reliable Internet connection with access to network ports used by Xbox Live
- A Microsoft Account that’s associated with an Xbox Live profile
- An Xbox Live account (free or Gold)
- For the best experience, use the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox Live profile for all apps and games that you sign in to. If you use a different Microsoft account, you may be prompted to change your sign-in information when you switch between apps.
- If the Microsoft account you use to sign in with isn’t associated with your Windows 8 logon, you are prompted for your user name and password when you launch Live-enabled games.
Connect to Xbox Live from an Xbox on Windows game
If you launch an Xbox on Windows game for the first time, and your Microsoft account is already associated with your Windows 8 logon, you are prompted to enable the game to connect to Xbox Live.
If your Microsoft account isn’t yet associated with your Windows 8 logon, you are prompted to add your Microsoft account to the Xbox on Windows game.
Sign in using the Microsoft account credentials that are associated with your Xbox Live profile.
- Click Yes to enable the game to connect.
- If you click No, you can still change these settings later through the game’s settings charm.
Problems connecting to Xbox Live?
If you have problems connecting to Xbox Live from Windows on Xbox Games, see Connecting to Xbox Live from a PC.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Connect to your Xbox Live account with Xbox on Windows games" issue you were reading about or a different issue?