Error C005-3002 occurs when you try to update your Xbox 360 console
You see the following error code and message when you try to update your Xbox 360 console:
Can't update your console. Please visit www.xbox.com/support.
Status Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C005-3002
Note The x digits vary.
This means your console experienced a problem during the update process.
Solution 1: Retry the update after ejecting the disc tray
- Eject the disc tray and remove any disc from the console.
Important Do not close the disc tray. Leave it open.
- With the disc tray open, remove the power cord from the back of the console.
- Gently push the disc tray about halfway back into the console.
- Plug the power cord back into the console.
- Push the power button on the console. The tray should close the rest of the way, and then the console should restart and display the Xbox Dashboard.
Important Do not use the controller button or the disc tray eject button to turn on the console for this step.
- Try updating your console software again.
Solution 2: Request a repair
If the previous steps didn't resolve the problem, your console needs to be repaired. See Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C005-3002 occurs when you try to update your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?