Error C0051201 occurs when you try to use your Xbox 360 Kinect sensor
When using your Kinect sensor, the light turns red and you see the following error message:
This may mean that your Kinect sensor is blocked by something that’s preventing it from moving.
- Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
- If there’s a piece of packing foam between the base of the sensor and the sensor head, remove the foam.
Note Do not manually tilt the sensor.
- Make sure that nothing is keeping the sensor from automatically tilting up or down.
- Make sure the sensor is on a flat, level surface. Learn more about sensor placement.
- Turn on your console to see if the problem still occurs.
If the Kinect sensor light is still red, make sure your console’s software is up to date. To do this, see How to get a new Xbox 360 update.
If you’re still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C0051201 occurs when you try to use your Xbox 360 Kinect sensor" issue you were reading about or a different issue?