Error 0x89231022 occurs when trying to start a party chat on Xbox One
You get the following error code when you try to start a party chat on Xbox One:
This may mean that your Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired or is not valid, or you need an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Update your Xbox Live Gold subscription
If your payment option has expired or is not valid, you'll have to change the payment option associated with your Xbox Live Gold subscription before you can pay any outstanding balance and renew your subscription. Here's how:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Services & subscriptions.
- Under Next charge, select Pay now for the subscription with the past-due balance.
- On the "Change how you pay for these subscriptions" page, select the payment option you want to change from the drop-down list.
Note To add a new payment option, select Add a new way to pay, select Next, and then follow the steps to set up your credit card, debit card, direct debit (Germany only), or PayPal account as a new payment option. (Not all payment options are available in all countries.)
- Once you've changed the payment option, select Next. This will transfer any balance you owe and immediately charge the new payment option.
Solution 2: Get an Xbox Live Gold subscription
To get an Xbox Live Gold subscription, see How to get an Xbox Live Gold trial membership.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 0x89231022 occurs when trying to start a party chat on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?