NAT Type: Unavailable in your network settings
If you see any of these messages on your Xbox One console, your network connection may be blocked or dropped:
- NAT Type: Unavailable in Network settings
- Error code 0x89231906 when you’re trying to join a Party Chat session
- Can’t get a Teredo IP address when you select Test multi-player connection in Network settings.
Without a secure network connection, you won’t be able to join a party chat or plat some multiplayer games on Xbox Live.
To fix your connection, first check your router:
- Check to make sure your router has the latest updates.
- Check to make sure your router has Teredo connectivity enabled. You can find out how to check Teredo connectivity for your router in its manual or on the manufacturer’s online support site. For Apple AirPort and FRITZ!box routers, see:
Once you’ve checked your router:
- Restart your router and your Xbox One.
- Go to Settings > Network > Network settings to make sure the error message is gone.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "NAT Type: Unavailable in your network settings" issue you were reading about or a different issue?