Set up and use the Foxtel app on Xbox 360
On this page
To use the Foxtel app, you need the following:
- Xbox Live access from within the Australia metro service area. Check the post code for your area.
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 76 megabytes of available space
- A qualifying Foxtel subscription
Download the Foxtel app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Foxtel.
- Select Foxtel to download and install the app. After the download, you can browse through and view details about the available content.
Note If you don't have a Foxtel subscription, you’ll be directed to the Foxtel website to sign up.
To start the Foxtel app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Foxtel.
Watch Foxtel on Xbox 360
To watch Foxtel on Xbox 360
- On your console, sign in to Xbox Live.
- Go to apps, My Apps, and then Foxtel.
- Browse the available content, select something to watch, and then press A.
Foxtel on new and refurbished Xbox consoles
Foxtel associates your Foxtel on Xbox 360 account with your Xbox console's serial number to create an Xbox ID automatically during setup. If you refurbish your console, purchase a new one, or update the Foxtel software on your console, visit the Foxtel website to reset the Xbox ID.
If you have problems changing or removing an Xbox 360 console from your Foxtel account or if you have to do this multiple times in any month, contact Foxtel Support by calling 131 999 or visiting Foxtel.com.
Upgrade from a previous version of the Foxtel app
On 15 May 2012, a new version of the Foxtel app was released. If you used the previous version of the app, you will have to delete the old version of the Foxtel app and then download the new version to continue using the Foxtel service on Xbox 360.
When you try to start the old version of the app, you get the following error message:
The game could not be started.
To delete the old Foxtel app, follow these steps:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings, select System, and then select Storage.
- Select Hard Drive, and then select Games.
- Highlight Foxtel on Xbox.
- Press the Y button and delete the application.
- Restart your console, and then reinstall the Foxtel on Xbox app.
As part of the update process, you have to register your Xbox 360 with the Foxtel service. To do this, go to the Foxtel website.
If you have problems changing or removing an Xbox 360 console from your Foxtel account or if you have to do this multiple times in any month, contact Foxtel Support by calling 131 999.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV programmes can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Foxtel app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict some kinds of TV programs, those shows will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Foxtel app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to control access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Para ofrecerte un mejor soporte técnico, nos gustaría saber: ¿resolvió esta solución tu problema?
Gracias por tus comentarios
Gracias por tus comentarios
Proporcionar comentarios sobre este tema
Póngase en contacto con nosotros
¿Quieres contactar con el Soporte técnico con referencia al problema "Set up and use the Foxtel app on Xbox 360" acerca del que estabas leyendo o con referencia a otro problema?