Error 80167611 occurs when signing in or making a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in or make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live.
This may mean one of the following:
- There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
- There's a problem with your payment option.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Verify the billing information associated with your payment option
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing info, and then review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 3: Remove the payment option and re-add it to your account
If the previous solutions didn't work, try removing the payment option and then re-adding it to your account:
- Remove the payment option from your account. To do this, go to one of the following pages:
- To remove your payment option on the Xbox 360 console, see Manage your non-Xbox subscription payment options on Xbox 360.
- To remove your payment option online, see Remove a payment option online, select Remove a payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
- Delete the Marketplace System Data file on your Xbox 360 console:
- On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select System Items.
- Select Marketplace System Data.
- Select Delete.
- Restart your console.
- Re-add the payment option to your account. To do this, go to one of the following pages:
- To add a payment option on Xbox 360, see Manage your non-Xbox subscription payment options on Xbox 360.
- To add a payment option online, see Add a payment option online, and the select Add payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80167611 occurs when signing in or making a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?