Error 80169E7F occurs when signing in or making a purchase on Xbox 360
You see one of the following error messages when trying to sign in or make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
This may mean one of the following:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live.
- There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
- There's a problem with your payment option.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
Check for service alerts at Xbox Live status or see if there's an Xbox Live service alert at the top of this page. If there are any current service alerts, wait a while and then try again.
US customers only: If a specific service or app is experiencing an outage, you can request SMS or voice notification when the outage is resolved. Under the app or service name, click Notify me when this service or app is up and running.
Solution 2: Delete and then re-add your payment option
- Go to commerce.microsoft.com and sign in using your Microsoft account email address and password.
Note If you see a message stating that there's a problem with your account, follow the steps to resolve the issue.
- Verify your billing information. For example, verify that:
- Your payment option is valid and has been activated.
- Your billing information is the same billing information used by your bank or credit card company.
- There is no outstanding balance.
- Remove the payment option from your account.
- Delete the Marketplace System Data file on your Xbox 360 console. Here's how:
- On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select System Items.
- Select Marketplace System Data.
- Select Delete.
- Restart your console.
- Go to commerce.microsoft.com and add the payment option to your account.
If you keep experiencing the error, contact Xbox Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80169E7F occurs when signing in or making a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?