How to cancel your Xbox subscription
To cancel and stop renewal charges for any Xbox subscription, such as Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Access, you need to do so online.
Important You can’t cancel an Xbox subscription if it’s past due or suspended. You must pay the past-due balance first. For more info, see Update payment info to continue your Xbox subscription or How to pay a past due balance on an Xbox subscription.
How to cancel your Xbox subscription online
- Sign in to the Services & subscriptions page of your Microsoft account using the button above.
- Select Payment & billing under the subscription you’d like to manage, and then select Cancel. If you don't see your subscription, make sure you’re signed in to the correct Microsoft account for that subscription.
- Follow the on-screen instructions:
- If recurring billing is on, an option to end your subscription on its expiration date will be displayed, which will turn off recurring billing. An option to end your subscription immediately may also be available, depending on your subscription’s status.
- If recurring billing is off, a message will confirm that your subscription is already paid up through its expiration date.
- If your subscription is past due or suspended, you must pay the past-due balance before canceling. See the Important note above.
Need additional help canceling your Xbox subscription?
If you're having problems canceling your Xbox subscription, review the following info before contacting support.
I already canceled my Xbox subscription, but I was still charged for it.
If you were charged after you canceled your Xbox subscription, this likely indicates you had a pending balance for the current subscription time when you turned off recurring billing. If you canceled the subscription, you won't be charged again.
I don't see any Xbox subscriptions when I sign in, but I still have a charge for one.
If you don't see any subscriptions listed when you sign in to your account, make sure that you're signed in to the correct Microsoft account. If you're not sure which Microsoft account you're using for your Xbox subscription, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
I'm paying for another person's subscription.
If you're paying for another person's Xbox subscription, you can't cancel it. The owner of the Microsoft account must follow the steps in the How to cancel your Xbox subscription online section above to cancel their subscription.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to cancel your Xbox subscription" issue you were reading about or a different issue?