Microsoft Ultimate Word Games FAQ
What is Microsoft Ultimate Word Games?
Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is a collection of games that you can launch from a single app:
- Crosswords – The best Crosswords game you’ll find anywhere! With multiple board sizes, difficulties, and plenty of options, you can play Crosswords exactly the way you want!
- Jumble – Jumble is a super-addictive game where you are given a rack of letter tiles, and your goal is to create words using them.
- Wordament – The evolution of the hit-game currently available on Windows, iOS, and Android. Find as many words as you can on a 4x4 grid of letter tiles. Play single player or multiplayer versus thousands of players at once!
Here are some of the new features Microsoft Ultimate Word Games offers:
- Each game mode has multiple adventure maps where you can earn three possible stars on each puzzle. Earn at least one star to unlock the next puzzle and see if you can reach the treasure at the end of each map!
- Jumble and Wordament will feature “Quick Play” modes, allowing you to play endlessly during your session.
- Crosswords will include a handful of “Sunday Puzzles” for those of you who enjoy a taxing crossword.
- Each game mode has a unique Daily Challenge every day. Complete enough Daily Challenges in a month to earn special badges.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account to earn achievements, compete with your friends on the leaderboards, and track your personal gameplay statistics. If you sign in with a Microsoft account, your progress is stored in the cloud so you can play the game anywhere no matter what happens to your device!
On which platforms will Microsoft Ultimate Word Games be available?
Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is currently only available on Windows 10 devices. If you want to see the game on other devices or platforms, visit the Facebook site to let the team know you want to see the game on your device.
If you have a Windows 10 Phone, the game will be available soon – check the Facebook site for the latest info.
What’s going to happen to the existing version of Wordament on my device?
If you’re currently playing Wordament on your Windows 10 tablet or desktop, you’ll be automatically updated to Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. All your achievements and progress will be stored in the cloud for when you play the original version of Wordament on other devices (for example, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8/10). Don’t worry – you’ll be able to earn new achievements and progress as part of Microsoft Ultimate Word Games!
At launch, you’ll notice that Frenemies are not available, but this will be included in a future update.
If you play on Windows Phone 8/10, iOS, or Android then you can continue to play the original version of Wordament without any changes.
Do I need an account to play?
If you want to earn Xbox achievements or maintain your Daily Challenges progress, you'll need to sign in to Xbox Live with your Microsoft account. Otherwise, you can play as a guest.
If you sign in with your Xbox Live account after playing as a guest, and it’s the first time you’ve signed in using that account while playing Microsoft Ultimate Word Games, any progress that you made on your guest account will automatically be migrated to your Xbox Live account. This means that you won’t lose any progress, and you’ll also earn achievements for progress made.
If you sign in with your Xbox Live account and you’ve played Microsoft Ultimate Word Games on another device, your progress saved in the cloud will be synced to your device, and all of your progress and achievements will appear.
By signing in to Xbox Live, you get the following benefits:
- Stay connected to the Xbox Live community, view achievements, watch game clips, and more.
- Store your saved games in the cloud and continue playing on a different Windows 10 device right from where you left off.
- Easily record, narrate, and share your most epic gaming moments with built-in Game DVR.
- To launch Game DVR while playing, press the Windows logo key + G.
- To manage your Game DVR settings, launch the Xbox app, go to Settings, and then select Game DVR.
- Any game clips that you capture while playing Microsoft Ultimate Word Games can be accessed via the Xbox app.
Can I play while I’m offline?
You'll need to be online to sign into your account, or the first time you launch the game, but after that you can continue to play offline in the following modes:
- Single Player Adventure
- Quick Play
- Sunday Crosswords
To earn Xbox achievements and post scores to the leaderboard, you'll need to be online. See the “Do I need an account to play” section above for more info.
I hate commercials – how do I get rid of them?
Microsoft Ultimate Word Games offers two paid Premium subscriptions to remove commercials in-game – one will give you 30 days of Premium, and the other will give you 365 days of Premium. Visit the Microsoft Ultimate Word Games detail page to see prices for your region and make a purchase.
I have more questions - where can I go for answers?
You can also visit the Microsoft Casual Games FAQ, which has help if you have a problem downloading or playing the game on your device.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Microsoft Ultimate Word Games FAQ" issue you were reading about or a different issue?