Error 838200c7 occurs when purchasing a subscription or content on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to purchase a subscription or content on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
Status code: 838200C7
This may mean one of the following:
- The Xbox Live service is temporarily down.
- There’s an issue with your payment option.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Make sure your billing and payment option information is correct
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- To update your billing information online:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
- To update your payment options online, see Update a payment option online, select Update a payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 838200c7 occurs when purchasing a subscription or content on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?