Error 801540B7 occurs when downloading your Xbox Live profile to your Xbox 360 console
You see the following error code and message when you try to download your Xbox Live profile to your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, Xbox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later
Status code: 801540B7
This may mean that there's a problem with Xbox Live or with the data in your profile.
On this page
Solution 1: Check Xbox Live service status
Check for service alerts at Xbox Live status or see if there's an Xbox Live service alert at the top of this page. If there are any current service alerts, wait a while and then try again.
Note If a specific service or app is down, you can ask Microsoft to notify you when it's working again. To do this, click Notify me when this service or app is up and running under the app or service name.
Solution 2: Verify your Microsoft account security information
To confirm that we have the correct security contact information for you, follow these steps:
- Sign in at account.microsoft.com.
- Click Security & password at the top. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, you will be asked to receive and enter a security code. Select the phone number or email address where you want us to send the code.
- Click Manage advanced security. If any of the phone numbers or email addresses listed as security information have "Verify" next to them, you will need to click that link to validate that we have the correct information for you. You will be sent a security code. Enter that code into the field provided and click Verify.
- Sign out of your Microsoft Account, and then sign in again.
- Try to sign in to Xbox Live again.
If this solution doesn't resolve the problem, try the next one.
Solution 3: Clear the system cache
If you've updated your account information and still can't sign in, you might need to clear your system cache for your new information to propagate. Here's how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight but don't select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.
Note It doesn't matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices.
- On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Note When you've cleared the system cache, you'll return to the Storage Devices screen. You can then press the Guide button on the controller and return to Xbox Home.
Solution 4: Move and then redownload your Xbox Live profile
Occasionally, you might need to move and redownload your profile to resolve issues with your Microsoft account. Here's how:
- Format a spare USB flash drive as a Memory Unit.
- Move your profile to the USB flash drive. To do this, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB memory stick into your console.
- Go to settings and select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
- Select Move.
- Select the USB flash drive that you want to move your profile to.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your console.
- Redownload your profile. For help, see "Move and then redownload your Xbox Live profile" at Error 801540B7 occurs when downloading your Xbox Live profile to your Xbox 360 console.
If none of these solutions resolve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 801540B7 occurs when downloading your Xbox Live profile to your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?