How to assign an account to an Xbox One Wireless Controller
You can pair your Microsoft account to your Xbox One Wireless Controller so that you control the action on your console. This is especially important when you have multiple users and controllers at the same time. By pairing your account to the wireless controller, you make sure that everyone has the best experience, and of course, the best achievement.
For help on how to wirelessly sync your controller to your console before you assign a profile, see Connect a wireless Xbox One controller to your console.
To assign an account to a controller, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
- Select the controller. The current account assigned to that controller is indicated.
- To assign the controller to another account, select the account currently assigned to it.
- Select Assign to someone.
- Select the account that you want to assign to the controller.
This will pair the controller to this account.
If you use multiple controllers, you can tell which user is assigned to a specific controller when they can control what's happening on the screen. There are no LED indicators on the controller or console as with the Xbox 360 because with Xbox One, you can have up to eight controllers connected at one time.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to assign an account to an Xbox One Wireless Controller" issue you were reading about or a different issue?