Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10
Note The content of this article is based on the latest version of Windows 10. Get the latest version.
Watch the video, Capture and share with Xbox Game Bar. Note This video is in English only.
While you’re playing a game, press the Windows logo key+ G to open Xbox Game Bar.
- Choose Overlay menu > Capture.
- Choose Start recording, Take screenshot, Record last….
Record last… turns the most recent moments of play into a game clip when background recording is turned on. Set the duration in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.
Find your game clips and screenshots by opening Game Bar and selecting Overlay menu > Captures.
Want quicker access to capture options? Get customization tips.
To share captures to Twitter:
- Open Game Bar.
- Select Overlay menu > Captures, then choose a capture.
- Press Share to Twitter. (When you post for the first time, give Game Bar permission to use your Twitter account. You can deauthorize any time in Twitter settings.)
- Enter a message, then select Share.
For more info, see Adjust capture settings on Windows 10.
- To capture game footage, make sure the Record in the background while I’m playing a game check box is selected in Game Bar settings (or turn it on in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures).
- For some PC games, Game Bar won’t appear full screen. To start and stop recordings without Game Bar, use the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key+ Alt + R. The screen will flash to indicate the start and end of recording. If background recording is on, Windows logo key+ Alt + G will record the last moments of play.
- If the shortcuts don’t work for a full-screen game, press the Windows logo key+ G. The screen will flash twice to confirm that the game is recognized. Then, re-open the game full screen.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10" issue you were reading about or a different issue?