Using Xbox One offline
To use your Xbox One without being prompted to connect to Xbox Live, set it to offline. While offline, your Xbox won't connect to any networks.
If you’re offline due to an outage of your home network, ISP, or Xbox Live, we recommend not setting your Xbox to offline. Although you’ll be offline either way, leaving your Xbox set to online lets it automatically reconnect to Xbox Live as soon as possible.
You must be online when you set up Xbox One for the first time. Without an internet connection, you can’t finish setup. After your Xbox has updated and you’ve added your profile, you can go offline.
When your Xbox is offline you can:
- Watch TV (though you need to be online for OneGuide listings)
- Sign in to your profile (if you've signed in online before)
- Change console settings (except for profile and family settings; content controls remain in place while offline)
- Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc)
- Save game clips and screenshots
- Earn achievements (however, there's limited offline space for game captures and achievements, so you should go online every so often to sync them)
Activities your Xbox must be online for include:
- Playing games and apps that require the internet
- Syncing game progress and playing saved games from a different Xbox
- Using social features like friends, messages, and parties
- Shopping for games, add-ons, movies, and so on
- Updating games, apps, and your Xbox console
Set your Xbox to offline
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Select Network settings > Go offline.
To go back online, repeat the first three steps, and in step 4 choose Go online.
If your Xbox is online but you can't sign in to Xbox Live, try the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Using Xbox One offline" issue you were reading about or a different issue?