Fix errors in Xbox apps on a Windows 8 PC
Learn how to troubleshoot and resolve performance and stability problems with Xbox-enabled apps on your Windows 8-based PC. This article applies to:
For information about troubleshooting online performance and download issues, see Connecting to Xbox Live from a PC.Download important updates
If you’re experiencing performance issues, it might be because your computer needs updates or a different version of DirectX. Here’s how to check:
- Run Windows Update to find out if you need to download critical or important updates for your PC.
- Determine which version of DirectX is right for your PC.
If you’re experiencing issues with graphics or audio, you might need new drivers for your graphics and audio hardware. Drivers need to be updated frequently, so even if your hardware is new, you’ll want to check for updates. There are a few ways to get driver updates:
- Run Windows Update to download the latest Microsoft-certified drivers for your computer. This is the easiest and most reliable option if you’re not familiar with the details of your computer’s hardware.
- Check with your computer or hardware manufacturer for the latest drivers. This is the best option for laptops and small form-factor PCs.
- Download a reference driver for your hardware. This is the best option for power users and custom PCs.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Fix errors in Xbox apps on a Windows 8 PC " issue you were reading about or a different issue?