"The Microsoft account associated with this account is not valid" error occurs when you try to sign in to your Microsoft account
You see the following error message when you try to sign in to your Microsoft account:
The Microsoft Account associated with this account is not valid.
This may mean that you don’t have a valid Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
Important Don’t delete your profile from any storage device before completing the steps below. Also, don’t download your Xbox LIVE gamertag from Xbox LIVE.
Solution 1: Update your Microsoft account
- When you get the “Microsoft account associated with this account is not valid” error message, select Change Microsoft account.
- Select Continue.
- Type the email address of the Microsoft account (formerly “Windows Live ID”) that you want to associate with your gamertag.
- Type the password that is associated with this Microsoft Account.
- Confirm that the Microsoft Account information is correct.
- Complete the changes and return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Sign in to Xbox Live with your gamertag.
Solution 2: Contact Xbox Support
If you still can’t sign in, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the ""The Microsoft account associated with this account is not valid" error occurs when you try to sign in to your Microsoft account" issue you were reading about or a different issue?