Error C000-0001 occurs when you try to download an update
You see the following error and message when you’re trying to download an update:
Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
Note The x digits are placeholders. These digits vary in the actual error message.
This may mean that your console has been tampered with or modified, and the console has been banned.
To play games offline on your console when it is banned, follow these steps:
- Physically disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor from the console.
- You will have to turn off the automatic sign-in so that you can play games offline. To turn off auto sign-in:
- Restart your console.
- Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and then Profile.
- Select Sign-in Preferences.
- Set Profile Auto Sign-in to "Off."
- Press B on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign in to Xbox Live or update your console software will result in an error.
For more information about console bans, see Xbox Live console ban information.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C000-0001 occurs when you try to download an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?