Set up the CinemaNow app on xbox 360
About the CinemaNow app
CinemaNow offers instant access to an extensive library of premium video content for rent or purchase, including the latest new release movies and TV shows. It's included with your Xbox Live account, and there are no late fees.
On this page
To use the CinemaNow app, you need the following:
- Signed in with an Xbox Live account
- At least 75 megabytes (MB) of available space
Install the CinemaNow app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag. (Xbox Live account is required.)
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for CinemaNow.
- At “Welcome to CinemaNow” you can choose to activate your account or “Explore CinemaNow” without activation.
To start the CinemaNow app later, go to video, My Apps, and then CinemaNow.
The benefits of creating a CinemaNow account:
- Instant rentals and purchases are a single click away.
- You can safely store movies in your library.
- Activating CinemaNow is free; there are no signup fees to join.
Follow these steps to activate CinemaNow:
- Start the CinemaNow app.
- On the Welcome to CinemaNow page, select Activate Now.
- In a browser, go to Cinemanow.com.
- Follow the instructions to sign in to your CinemaNow account or create an account.
- Once the account is created or you’ve signed in, you’ll be prompted to:
- Name your device. Type a description of the device you are activating, such as “Living Room Xbox.”
- Type the activation code that’s displayed on your Xbox screen.
Note To watch CinemaNow content on your Xbox 360 console, you must rent or buy the content through the CinemaNow site and then access those programs from your Xbox 360 CinemaNow library.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
The parental controls on the CinemaNow site do not apply to the Xbox 360. Any content rented or purchased through CinemaNow will be managed by Xbox 360 parental controls. For example, if you prohibit certain kinds of shows from being watched through your console, restricted content will appear in the CinemaNow app with a lock icon. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code. To change these controls, an adult must edit the Family Settings.
For more information about how to restrict Xbox Live content using Family Settings, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up the CinemaNow app on xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?