Xbox One operating system versions and system updates
The list below shows the current Xbox One operating system version number and what features were added or updated based on system updates from 2019 to the present.
To find your Xbox One console’s operating system version:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings.
- Select System > Console info.
- Your OS version is located in the second row.
Note If you’re in the middle of a system update and need to find your operating system version on your console, pull both the left and right triggers and both the left and right bumpers on your controller at the same time. The operating system version is listed as Build and is the second line down.
OS version - 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720)
Take a break
The new break reminder in Settings/Preferences lets you set a timer that reminds you to take a break after a certain amount of time on the console. The timer restarts if you sign out or turn off the console. You choose the interval – 30 minutes to two hours.
Previous system updates
OS version - 10.0.18362.5047 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1907.190628-1920)
OS version - 10.0.18362.4050 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1906.190607-1330)
OS version - 10.0.18362.3055 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1905.190510-1845)
With so many great games to choose from in the Xbox Game Pass catalog, it can be hard to keep track of every game you may want to play. Play later lets you make a list of games for you to come back to on your time. Manage your collection from your Xbox console or the Game Pass mobile app and download your games when you’re ready.
Friends list shows where your friends are playing
We’ve added icons in your friends list for other platforms your friends are currently playing on. These icons will only appear for the platforms you’re not currently viewing the friends list on. For example, if you’re signed in to Xbox One, you’ll see icons for friends signed in to their PC or mobile device, and your friends will see an icon in their friends list that you’re on Xbox One.
Prioritize messages from your friends and anyone you want to communicate with while separating out messages from people you don’t know into a message requests tab.
As part of this update, all previous group messages will be removed (your one-on-one messages won’t be affected). If you want to back up any previous group messages, copy and paste them in Xbox.com for a limited time.
Better sorting in My games & apps
We’ve made it simpler to find the content you’re looking for. In My games & apps, titles will no longer contain articles such as "a," "an," or "the" when you use the Sort A-Z or Group by letter views. For example, "The Witcher" will now be found under "W" instead of "T."
OS version - 10.0.18362.2018 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190410-1845)
We heard you! There’s now an option to fully restart the console on the power center screen (press and hold the Xbox button on your controller).
Now you can get to Game Pass quests directly from the Game Pass hub on Home as well as from your profile. Just select Game Pass, then scroll down and select Quests – Show All.
Console keyboard improvements
We’ve updated the virtual keyboard on the console so that it takes up less space on the screen and can position itself smartly around text fields.
Want to install something new but faced with a full hard drive? Now, instead of first having to go choose what to remove, we suggest items for removal that will free up enough space on your hard drive. And here’s the kicker – when that’s done we automatically start installing your new game or app!
Xbox One Media Remote shortcut
The Xbox One Media Remote has been updated to let you reprogram the OneGuide button to launch a media app instead of OneGuide. This is a great shortcut to jump into your favorite media app and start watching.
OS version - 10.0.17763.4088 (rs5_release_xbox-dev_1902.190303-1935)
- General stability and performance improvements.
OS version - 10.0.17763.4085 (rs5_release_xbox_dev_ 1902.190131-1620)
- Added reliability fixes to Cortana.
- Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes.
- Made audio system upgrades when switching from Home to a game or app.
- Improved Cortana responsiveness to commands.
- Fixed an issue that caused some consoles to crash unexpectedly.
- Improved performance on the Home Dashboard.
- Improved mouse responsiveness to reduce lag.
My games and apps
- Improved the installation experience for various FastStart titles.
- Fixed a problem in some games (e.g. Resident Evil 0) in which cutscenes would fail and the game would lock.
- Fixed an issue to ensure certain apps like the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards work on first launch.
- Fixed an issue in which some people received the E203 error when taking a system update.
- Improved performance on the network port.
- Improved performance and reliability on the save game feature when games are suspended.
- Improved speed and performance of My games & apps.
- Improved idle screen performance.
- Improved 4K visual performance in games.
- Improved the performance of the guide on Home.
- Bug fixes to improve the efficiency and performance of Game DVR.
Other system updates
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Xbox One operating system versions and system updates" issue you were reading about or a different issue?