Error 80A40010 occurs due to a connectivity or Xbox Live service issue on Xbox One
You see the following error message when you try to do one of these things:
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account
- Play a game using Xbox Live
- Use an app that requires an online connection
There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again.
This may mean one of the following things:
- There's an Xbox Live connectivity problem.
- There's a temporary Xbox Live service issue.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Test your Xbox Live connection
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System.
- Select Settings > Network > Network settings.
- Select Test network connection.
If you have a connection problem, see the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution.
Solution 3: Remove and recover your Xbox Live profile
- Remove your Xbox Live profile from the console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to System.
- Select Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
- Highlight the account that you want to remove and then press the A button .
- Select Remove to confirm.
- When you're finished, select Close.
- Perform a hard reset of the console:
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Restart.
- Recover your profile to the console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Sign in, which is the top option on the guide.
- Select Add & manage.
- Select Add new.
- Enter your Microsoft account email address and password, and then select Enter.
- Verify the privacy settings that you've set for your account. These apply to any Xbox One console where you sign in. Select Next.
- On the Here is how you look screen, select Next.
- On the Choose a color screen, select the color for your Home screen to differentiate between you and others using this console. Select Next.
- Your profile is now downloaded to the console. Press the Xbox button to return to home.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80A40010 occurs due to a connectivity or Xbox Live service issue on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?