Error XBOS3008 occurs when redeeming a digital code on Xbox One or online
You see the following error code when you try to redeem a digital code on an Xbox One console or online:
You may encounter this error when you retry a failed transaction.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Check to see if your Xbox subscription is suspended or has an outstanding balance
Digital codes cannot be used or activated if your Xbox subscription is suspended or has a balance due. You must resolve all unpaid balances and account suspensions before you can use the code. To do so, see the following pages:
- If your Xbox subscription is suspended, see Your Xbox subscription is suspended.
- If you have a balance due on your Xbox subscription, see How to pay a past due balance for an Xbox subscription.
Note You cannot use a digital code to settle the balance you owe. You need to settle the outstanding balance using the steps at How to pay a past due balance for an Xbox subscription.
Solution 3: If you’re using an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription
The following limitations and restrictions apply to Xbox Live Gold trial subscriptions:
- If you have an existing Xbox Live Gold paid subscription, you can’t redeem a digital code to extend the subscription period. However, you can redeem the digital code once your current subscription expires.
- Digital codes are only available in certain games and bundles.
- You can’t access Games with Gold with this type of subscription.
- You can’t stack digital codes. This means that you can’t start another trial period before your current trial period has finished. However, you can purchase a new Xbox Live Gold subscription and start the subscription at any time during the trial period.
- If you don’t currently have a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can use an unlimited number of digital codes to receive separate Xbox Live Gold trial subscriptions. However, as noted above, you cannot stack digital codes.
For more information about trial subscriptions, go to How to get an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error XBOS3008 occurs when redeeming a digital code on Xbox One or online" issue you were reading about or a different issue?