Help for Xbox Live apps on Xbox 360
On this page
Xbox Live connection problems
If the Xbox Live app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you might have a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If the quality of video or audio on your Xbox 360 console isn't good, see Xbox 360 Console: Audio-Video support.
If the app doesn't respond
If the Xbox Live app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If you get an error message
Sometimes if you get an error message when using an app, the problem is only temporary. Try the following:
- Check the status of the app.
- If the app is up and running, wait for about a minute, and then try to use the app again.
If neither of these solutions resolves the problem, look for app-specific information at Xbox 360 Apps support.
Troubleshoot Xbox apps on your Windows 8 PC
To troubleshoot common problems, see Fix errors that occur in Xbox apps on your Windows 8-based PC.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Help for Xbox Live apps on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?