Troubleshoot the Bravo app on Xbox Live
This article offers solutions to problems you might experience when using the Bravo app with Xbox Live and your Xbox 360 console.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the Bravo app is not functioning smoothly on your console, you may be experiencing a connectivity problem. See Xbox Live Slow Performance Solution.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console is not providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The Bravo app doesn't respond
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (most likely Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to “Bravo.”
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps, and then select Bravo.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If you keep getting the error, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Bravo app.
- Bravo Server Unavailable – Sorry the Bravo server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- Sorry, the Bravo server isn’t available right now. Please exit the application and try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- An error has occurred within the application.
To resolve these errors, try the following solutions:
- Go to Service status to check for current problems with Xbox Live or the Bravo app.
- If there are no problems and you get the error message again when you try to access content in the app, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the Bravo app.
- If the previous steps didn’t resolve the error, email Bravo Support.
Locale, language, or IP address error
- Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports US Ratings system. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
This means that either your locale is not set to the United States or there is an issue with the content controls (also known as parental controls).
To resolve this error, first make sure your region is set to the United States. For help, see “Initial Xbox 360 settings” at Change your Xbox 360 settings.
If you continue to get the error even with your locale set to United States, there may be an issue with the content controls. Try turning content controls off to see if that resolves the error. Here’s how:
- In the Dashboard on your console, go to settings, and then select Family.
- Enter your pass code to continue.
- Set Content Controls to Off.
For more information about content controls, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Troubleshoot the Bravo app on Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?