Error 801901f7 occurs when renewing your Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to renew your Xbox Live Gold subscription on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
This may mean:
- There's an issue with your Microsoft account billing information.
- Your renewal can't be authorized through your bank.
- Microsoft detects suspicious activity and is preventing charges.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- If you don't know your Microsoft account email address or password, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution
The subscription renewal might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card you're using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 3: Try to renew your subscription again later
The subscription renewal might be blocked because:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- The Microsoft account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that's preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 801901f7 occurs when renewing your Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?