Error 80153005 occurs when you try to download content on Xbox Live
You see the following error message when you try to download content on Xbox Live:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status code: 80153005
This may mean one of the following:
- The content offer is no longer available. For example, a game demo is no longer available.
Note You might also be unable to download content because of a network connection issue. To verify that you can access all Xbox Live features, see the “Solutions” section.
Solution 1: Verify the status of the service and your connection to Xbox Live. Follow these steps:
- Go to Service status to check for any current issues with the service.
- If there are no reported issues with the service, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Run the Xbox Live connection test:
- At the Xbox Dashboard, select settings.
- Select System.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select your network.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
Solution 2: Try to download the content again. Search Xbox Live again. If you can’t find the content, the content has probably been removed from Xbox Live. Check back periodically to see if the content has been made available again.
Solution 3: Verify your subscription level. Here’s how:
- Click Sign In at the top of any xbox.com page (such as this one).
- Enter your Microsoft account information, and then click Sign In.
- Click My Account.
- Under Xbox Live, verify your subscription level.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80153005 occurs when you try to download content on Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?