Error 80072f7c occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live
You see following error code and message when you try to use Xbox Live:
Some Xbox Live features are temporarily unavailable. You can still play online and send messages.
Status code: 80072f7c
When this problem occurs, you can play games and chat. However, you can’t access some Xbox Live features. For example, you can’t purchase or download content.
This may mean one of the following:
- Some Xbox features are not available because of system maintenance or a temporary Xbox Live issue.
- You can't access some Xbox features because of a network configuration issue.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the status of the Xbox Live service
The Xbox Live service might be unavailable due to system maintenance. Check the status of the Xbox Live service. If there’s an Xbox Live service alert, wait and try again later.
If there are no Xbox Live service alerts and you continue to get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Test your connection
Test the Xbox Live connection on your Xbox 360 console. Here’s how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Do one of the following:
- If the test fails and you can't connect to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live: Connect to Xbox Live.
- If the Xbox Live service is available, try the next solution.
- If there is an Xbox Live service alert, try again later when the Xbox Live service is available.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Open network ports
If you have a firewall or are connected to a network through your workplace or school, you might need to open network ports for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox Live. See Network ports used by Xbox Live for help.
If this solution didn’t resolve the issue, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Try a direct-to-modem connection
Connect your Xbox 360 console directly to your modem instead of connecting it to your router.
Note This is a temporary solution meant to help determine the cause of the problem.
- On the modem, remove the Xbox Ethernet cable from your router.
- Plug the Ethernet cable from the Xbox console into the modem.
- Turn off the console.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the modem and wait one minute.
- Plug the modem in first and wait for the modem lights to return to their normal state.
- Turn on the Xbox console.
- Test your Xbox Live connection. To do this, go to Settings and select System Settings. Then select Network Settings, select Wired Network, and select Test Xbox Live Connection.
If you can connect to Xbox Live with a direct-to-modem connection, your console and modem are working as expected. To connect to Xbox Live using your router, you might need to change a setting on your router. For information about how to configure your router, see the Networking hardware information forums.
Solution 5: Verify that your networking hardware is compatible with Xbox Live
To resolve this issue, verify that your networking hardware is compatible with Xbox Live. For help with a specific network device, see Choosing or configuring a new networking device.
Is het probleem hiermee opgelost?
Bedankt voor je feedback
Bedankt voor je feedback!
Geef feedback voor dit onderwerp
Hulpmiddelen voor ondersteuning
Wil je contact opnemen met Ondersteuning voor het probleem "Error 80072f7c occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live" waarover je hebt gelezen of voor een ander probleem?