PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS FAQ
Have a question about PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS? Check here for answers to common questions.
On this page
How do I purchase PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS?
To purchase the game, visit the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS product detail page and sign in to your Microsoft account.
You will need to have an up-to-date payment method on your account – this can either be a credit card, a Microsoft account balance, or a PayPal account. To manage your payment options, visit account.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
What do I do if I’m having problems signing in to my Microsoft account?
If you’re having problems signing in to your Microsoft account, or the account that you use on your Xbox, we can help you fix that.
If you’ve forgotten your password, or your sign-in isn’t working as expected, visit Password and security for additional help.
I’ve found a bug or have a feature suggestion – where do I file it?
If you’ve run into a bug, the development team would love to hear from you! Visit the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS developer site. Check to see if someone else has already reported your bug – if so, you can upvote it to make sure that the development team is aware that you have the same problem.
If you have a feature suggestion, follow the steps on the website to let the development team know your thoughts.
If you are part of the Xbox Insider Program and are having issues playing PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS:
- While you’re experiencing the problem, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, then select Report a problem.
- Check to see if your problem has already been listed. If not, select Add new problem.
- Under Categories, select Games > PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Enter a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing, and then select whether to include a screenshot or video if it shows the problem happening.
- When completed, select Done to submit your feedback.
Note You may not receive feedback directly from the team investigating your problem.
What are the installation requirements?
To view the installation requirements for Xbox, go to the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS product detail page.
To check if your Xbox has enough available disc space to install PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Games & apps.
- Check the available drive space displayed at the bottom-left corner of the screen. If you don't have enough space, you’ll either need to remove some of your existing games and apps, or add an external drive to your console.
If you are using an external storage device with your console and you want to change the default installation location:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings > System > Storage.
- Under Manage storage, your default storage location is indicated by a triangle in the top-right corner.
I have questions or problems with the in-game play experience. Where can I go for help?
If you’re stuck on a part of the game, you need some advice from other players on what to do next, or you want to give others hints and tips from your own experience, there are a couple of places you can go.
Do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS?
Yes, you'll need an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, as this is an online multiplayer game. You can purchase a subscription from your console, or by visiting the online store on your device.
Do I need to be online or connected to the internet to play PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS?
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS can only be played while online, and you will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play all modes of the game. You will not be able to play the game while offline.
Is the Xbox version of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS the same as the PC/Steam version?
No – if you own the game on PC/Steam, you will need to purchase the Xbox version separately. There may also be differences in the way the game is played due to the ongoing development of the game on both platforms.
When you play on Xbox, you will only be able to play with others on Xbox – there is no cross-play between Xbox and PC/Steam.
What do I need to speak to other players while in a game?
You will need a headset if you want to speak to others while playing the game. There are two ways you can communicate with your team:
- Via Party Chat, if you invite someone in your friend list to join a game
- Via the game, if you are paired up with another player who is not in your friend list
To ensure that you can speak with other players outside of your friend list:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to Sign in and select your signed-in profile.
- Select My profile and then select Privacy settings.
- If you have Custom selected, select View details & customize.
- Note If you have adult defaults set, you don’t need to take any further action.
- Select Communication & multiplayer, and then under Other can communicate with voice, text, or invites make sure that Everybody is selected.
For more info on speaking with others while in a game, and for troubleshooting tips, visit Social and Broadcast: Friends and parties.
On how many devices can I install PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS?
You can install PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS and play offline on your home console, as well as install and play on your friends’ consoles if you sign in to Xbox Live before playing.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS FAQ" issue you were reading about or a different issue?