Set up and use the FrightPIX app on Xbox 360
Learn how to set up and use the FrightPIX app on your Xbox 360 console.
To use the FrightPIX app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 138 megabytes (MB) of available space.
Download the FrightPIX app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for FrightPIX.
- Select FrightPIX to download and install the app. After the download, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through and view details about the available content.
To start the FrightPIX app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then FrightPIX.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to tv & movies.
- Select My Video Apps, and then select FrightPIX.
- From the featured hub, you can:
- Watch any of the programs displayed in the center.
- Select my queue to browse content that you’ve marked for later viewing.
- Select history to review what you’ve watched and either continue or restart a movie you previously viewed.
- For more options, navigate to:
- genres - to browse content by categories within the horror realm, such as Fan Favorites, Splatter, Super Natural, Cult, and others.
- browse – to browse all content or refine your list by new arrivals or most popular.
- search – to find content by name.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live, the FrightPIX app will follow those settings. For example, if you prohibit viewing of R-rated movies or TV-MA-rated TV shows, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the FrightPIX app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict Xbox Live content using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the FrightPIX app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?