Error C000-0221 occurs when you try to download an update
You see the following error code and message when you try to download an update:
- Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
- Status Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0221
Note The “x” digits vary..
This may mean that your console has been tampered with or modified, and the console has been banned. Your console can no longer connect to Xbox Live, install software updates, or play new games that require a console software update. Learn about Xbox Live console bans.
To be able to play your existing games offline if your console is banned, follow these steps:
- Disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor from the console.
- Turn off automatic sign-in, if it’s turned on:
- Restart your console.
- Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select Profile.
- Select Sign-in Preferences.
- Set Profile Auto Sign-in to "Off."
- Press B on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign in to Xbox Live or update your console software will result in an error.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C000-0221 occurs when you try to download an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?