Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox One
Important The Blu-ray Player app does not apply to the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition.
To watch Blu-ray or DVD movies on your Xbox One, you first need to install the Blu-ray Player app. To install the app, choose one of the following options.
Install from Xbox Home
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Home, and then scroll right and select Store.
- Select Search and type Blu-ray in the search bar. Select Blu-ray Player app when it appears.
- Select Get to download and install the app.
Install by inserting a disc
- Insert a Blu-ray or DVD disc into your Xbox One.
- Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears.
- On the Blu-ray Player app details page, select Get.
- Your disc should start playing automatically.
After the app is installed, you can watch Blu-ray or DVD movies by inserting the disc into your Xbox One and selecting Blu-ray Player on the Home screen, or by finding it under My games & apps.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?