Error 0x80040900 occurs when signing in on your Xbox One
You see the following error code when signing in on your Xbox One:
Solution 1: Try again
Wait 60 seconds, and then give it another try.
Solution 2: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see alerts here, wait until the service is up and running, and then try again:
Solution 3: Restart your Xbox
- Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the Xbox to turn completely off.
- Turn it back on and try signing in again.
Solution 4: Reset your Xbox
Warning This resets your Xbox to factory defaults and erases all profiles, saved games, and settings. Any saved games and other data not synced with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected. But if you've been offline for a while, it’s best to find some way to connect to Xbox Live before resetting.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Reset console and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After resetting, try signing in again.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 0x80040900 occurs when signing in on your Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?