Set up and use the HBO GO app on Xbox 360
On this page
To watch HBO GO on your console, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 75 megabytes of available storage space
- An active HBO GO subscription
Note HBO GO on Xbox 360 requires an Xbox Live membership and an HBO subscription. HBO GO is an authenticated application, which means you must also have a TV provider that supports HBO GO on Xbox 360. The following is a list of TV providers: AT&T, Bend Broadband, Blue Ridge Communications, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Grande Communications, HTC Digital Cable, Massillon Cable/Clear Picture, Mediacom, Midcontinent Communications, RCN, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, and Wow!. If your TV provider is not listed, access to HBO GO on Xbox 360 is not offered as part of your HBO subscription. Contact your TV provider and ask for HBO GO on Xbox 360.
Download the HBO GO app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for HBO GO.
- Select HBO GO to download and install the app.
To start HBO GO later, go to apps, My Apps, and then HBO GO.
Activate the HBO GO app
You're prompted to activate HBO GO the first time you access the app. To link your Xbox 360 console to your HBO GO profile, follow these steps:
- Select your TV provider from the list of providers shown when you first start the app. A four-digit activation code will be displayed.
- In a web browser, go to www.hbogo.com/activate and select Xbox 360 Console as the device that you want to activate.
- Select your TV provider from the list shown on your computer, and then sign in with the user name and password that you got from your TV provider.
- Enter the activation code shown on your Xbox 360 console (from step 1) and select Activate. Your Xbox 360 console will be activated as an HBO GO device.
If you forget your password or user name
If you can't remember your user name or password from your TV provider, visit www.hbogo.com/activate and select your TV provider from the list that is displayed. When you are prompted to sign in with your user name and password, follow your TV provider's instructions for recovering or resetting your password or user name.
What if my TV provider isn't listed?
If your TV provider isn't listed, HBO GO on Xbox 360 is not offered as part of your HBO subscription. Contact your TV provider and ask for HBO GO on Xbox 360.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the HBO GO app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a "restricted" icon in the HBO GO app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the HBO GO app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?