Error 80049C0B occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox 360 console:
Thanks! You added this earlier, but we can't use it until you verify it at http://account.live.com/proofs/manage. While you're there, it's a good idea to check the other proofs on your account too.
Status code: 80049C0B
This means that there may be a problem with the security information that’s associated with your Microsoft account.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Verify the security proofs for your Microsoft account
To resolve this issue, verify and, if necessary, add security contact information to your Microsoft account. See My account: Security support.
If this solution doesn’t resolve the issue, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Move and then redownload your profile
To resolve this issue, move and then redownload your profile. To do this, follow these steps.
Note If you want to use a USB flash drive or USB hard drive to complete these steps, you must first format that drive for Xbox storage. (See Xbox 360 USB flash drive support.)
- Move your profile to a USB flash drive or USB hard drive. To do this, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB flash drive or USB hard drive into your console.
- Go to settings and select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
- Select Move.
- Select the Memory Unit that you want to move your profile to.
Note A Memory Unit can be a USB flash drive, USB hard drive, or Xbox 360 Hard Drive. Be sure that you move the profile to a USB flash drive or USB hard drive.
- Remove the USB flash drive or USB hard drive from your console.
- Redownload your profile. For information about how to redownload your profile, see Manage gamertag & profile support.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80049C0B occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?