Choose an email address to use with your Microsoft account
When you create a Microsoft account, you can choose to sign in with any email account you currently use. We recommend using an email account that you monitor frequently. You’ll need access to this email address to sign in to your Xbox console. Simply type the email address in the field and we’ll walk you through the rest. When creating a Microsoft account, you can use:
- An email address with a Microsoft domain such as @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com
- Any valid email address that you use and monitor regularly
Note If you use a non-Microsoft email address to create your account, we will send a validation email to that address to verify that you have access. Simply find the email and follow the instructions to complete validation.
If you don’t currently have an email address you can use, or if you’re setting up an account for a child who does not yet have an email account, you can opt to create a new Outlook.com email address during signup.
- To sign up for a Microsoft account, see Create an account.
- If you need to change your Microsoft account email address, see How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account.
- If you need help finding your Microsoft account email address or password, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Choose an email address to use with your Microsoft account" issue you were reading about or a different issue?