Error 801613F8 occurs when you try to redeem a digital code on Xbox Live
You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem a code on Xbox Live:
Can’t retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status Code: 801613F8
This may mean that the card was not activated at the retailer where it was purchased.
Solution 1: Verify the status of the service and your connection to Xbox Live.
- Go to Service Status to check if there’s a current issue with the service.
- If there’s no issue with the service and you get this error when you try to download the content, wait a few minutes. Then try to download the content again.
- Run the Xbox Live Connection Test by following these steps:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select your network.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
If you still experience this issue, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Try to redeem the code again later.
Wait and try to redeem the code again in 24 hours.
If the problem still occurs after you’ve waited 24 hours, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Return the card to the retailer.
If you continue to experience this issue after you’ve waited 24 hours, return the card to the retailer and ask them to activate it.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 801613F8 occurs when you try to redeem a digital code on Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?