Error E35 occurs when using your Xbox 360 console
You see the following error message and code when using your Xbox 360 console:
System Error: Contact Xbox Customer Support
Error code E35
This means there may be a problem with the console.
Try the following steps:
Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console
|Xbox 360 E console||Xbox 360 S console|
- Disconnect and reconnect all accessories.
- Remove the hard drive.
- Remove any USB flash drives. Here's how:
- Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
- Unplug any USB flash drive attached to your console.
- Turn on the console.
If this step resolves the problem, reattached the USB flash drive to make sure the error occurs only when it is connected. If this is true, use another USB flash drive.
- Roll back the current software updates on your console and apply new ones. Here's how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight (but do not select) Memory Unit.
- On your controller, press the following buttons in the following order:
- Left bumper
- Right bumper
- The X button
Don't know where these buttons are on your controller? See Xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers.
- Repeat step d.
- When you see the following message, select Yes:
Delete System Update
If any storage device contains a system update, the update and access to Xbox Live will be removed. To use these features again, sign in to Xbox Live and download the update. For more info, visit www.support.xbox.com/xbox-360/accessories/storage.
Your console will restart after the operation is complete. Do you want to continue?
- Your Xbox 360 will restart. Apply the latest software updates.
Original Xbox 360 console
|Original Xbox 360 console|
Use our Flashing Lights Solution. Choose one flashing light as the problem and follow the steps in the solution.
If these steps don't resolve the problem, go to the Online Service Center to request a repair. For more information, see Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced.
Repair or warranty questions? See Warranty and service: FAQ.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error E35 occurs when using your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?