Crackdown 3 FAQ
Have a question about Crackdown 3? Check here for answers to common questions.
On this page
Crackdown 3 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title. What does that mean?
When you purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere title digitally, it’s yours to play on both Xbox and Windows 10. You only need to purchase the game once via the Microsoft Store on your Xbox or Windows 10 device and it will appear in your game library wherever you sign in.
If you have purchased the game or content on Xbox and you want to play on your Windows 10 device, sign in on your device. If the game is already installed on your device, it will appear in your list of apps; otherwise, you can install it by opening the Microsoft Store and selecting My library.
If you’ve purchased the game or content on Windows 10 and you want to play on your Xbox console, sign in on your console and go to My games & apps > Games. If the game is already installed, it will appear in your game list; otherwise, you can find it in the Ready to install tab.
To learn more about Xbox Play Anywhere, and to see which games are supported, visit the Xbox Play Anywhere website. You can also visit Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Play Anywhere games if you’re having any problems finding Crackdown 3 or content on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device.
Crackdown 3 also supports cross play between Xbox and Windows 10 for multiplayer mode.
See Cross play on Windows 10 and Xbox One for more info.
How do I play Crackdown 3 on Game Pass?
If you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription (sold separately), Crackdown 3 is one of the many games included. Crackdown 3 will be included in the Game Pass library starting in February 2019.
To install on Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select My games & apps > Games.
- Scroll down to Game Pass, then search for the Crackdown 3 tile.
- Select the tile, then select Install.
To install on Windows 10:
- Open the Microsoft Store app and search for Crackdown 3.
- On the product detail page, select Install.
If you decide to cancel your Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you’ll no longer be able to launch Crackdown 3 on your Xbox One or Windows 10 devices. You can purchase the game at any time by opening the product detail page and selecting Buy to own. You won’t need to uninstall or reinstall the game if you purchase it after your subscription has ended.
Why does Crackdown 3 appear as two tiles in my game library?
Crackdown 3 is made up of two different modes, each with their own tile, allowing you to quickly access the one you want to play:
- Campaign: Time to step up your boom and stop crime as a super-powered Agent in Crackdown 3's open-world sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Explore the heights of New Providence, tear up the streets in iconic vehicles, and use your powerful abilities to stop a ruthless criminal empire. Play the campaign solo or with a friend in co-op mode. Online multiplayer requires an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- Wrecking Zone: Test your skills in the all-new “Wrecking Zone,” an explosive 5v5 multiplayer competition where destruction is your ultimate weapon against friends and rivals.
If you don’t see two Crackdown 3 tiles in your game library, you may not have one of the games installed. Purchasing Crackdown 3 from the Microsoft Store or via Game Pass automatically gives you access to both. To check your game library:
- Press the Xbox button and select the Store tab.
- Search for Crackdown 3, which brings up the bundle.
- The bundle allows individual downloads for Campaign and Wrecking Zone.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Crackdown 3, which brings up the bundle.
- The bundle allows individual downloads for Campaign and Wrecking Zone.
If you don’t see either game available, your purchase may not have been successful. Check your order history by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.
How do I exclude Crackdown 3 from being scanned by my antivirus software?
If you’re playing on Windows 10 and have an antivirus program enabled, you’ll need to exclude the game so that the files aren’t being scanned, which may cause the game to crash or have instability while playing. For more info, see Game crashes due to antivirus scanning on Windows 10.
I was prompted to upgrade my Windows device to play Crackdown 3. Which version do I need?
To download and install Crackdown 3 on Windows 10, you need a device running version 1703, with OS Build 15063 or later.
Additionally, your device must be running a 64-bit version of Windows 10. If you have a 32-bit version, you won't be able to play Crackdown 3.
To see whether you're running an appropriate version of Windows on your device:
- Go to Start > Settings > System > About.
- Look at Edition to find out which version and edition of Windows your PC is running. Make sure this is at least 1703.
- Look at OS Build and make sure this is at least 15063.
- Look at System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows.
If you don't see a version listed, you need to update before you can download the game. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. See if any relevant updates are available.
Note If it's been less than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, you won't get the update right away. This is to allow you to go back to your previous version of Windows if you choose. After the 31 days have passed, your PC will automatically download the latest Windows update.
- See the Windows Update: FAQ page to upgrade your device to Windows 10 with the latest update.
If you have version K or KN of Windows 10, you may need to download additional software. These are available as a free download. To do this, go to Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015).
What are the hardware requirements?
The hardware requirements for Crackdown 3 will vary depending on whether you’re playing on Xbox or Windows 10. Visit the game’s product detail page for each platform to determine the size of the game, the system requirements (particularly for Windows 10 devices), as well as any additional info about the game.
Note As this is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, you can purchase digitally on Xbox or Windows 10 and you will own both versions of the game. The product detail pages are called out separately for each platform for information only – you do not need to purchase the game twice.
To view the installation requirements for Xbox, visit the Crackdown 3 product detail page.
To check if your Xbox has enough available disc space to install Crackdown 3:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps.
- Check the available drive space. If you don’t have enough space, you’ll either need to remove some of your existing games or apps, or add an external drive to your console.
If you’re using an external storage device with your console and you want to change the default installation location:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings > System > Storage.
- Under Manage storage, your default storage location is indicated by a triangle in the top-right corner. Note that your default is internal storage, unless you manually change your default.
To view the system requirements for Windows 10, visit the Crackdown 3 product detail page. The “Additional info” section will give you the approximate download size, indicating how large the game is.
If you don’t know your GPU (graphics processor) or VRAM (video memory), here’s how you can check:
- Go to Start > Settings > System.
- On the Display tab, scroll to the bottom and select Advanced display settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Display adapter properties. The Adapter Type will display the name of the GPU, and the Dedicated Memory will display the VRAM.
See How to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device for more info about how to check your device.
To determine how much available disk space your Windows 10 device has and change the location that your game will save to:
- Go to Settings > System > Storage.
- The used disk space for each drive on your device will be displayed. Make sure you have enough available space on your hard drive.
See Find out how much storage your PC has for more info about how to check your Windows 10 device.
What happens if I download Crackdown 3 on a device that doesn't meet the hardware requirements?
We recommend that you check the device specifications before purchasing the game to make sure your device meets the minimum requirements.
If you've already downloaded the game, you can try adjusting the in-game graphics options in the game settings.
How long does it take to download Crackdown 3?
The download time can vary depending on the speed of your internet connection. On average, it takes about 4 hours to download 40 GB over a 20-Mbps connection.
Follow the steps in the What are the hardware requirements? section above to find the size of the game on Xbox and Windows 10. These may vary depending on which device you are installing to.
The table below represents estimated download times based on current download speed.
Note This information is intended as a guide only, not an actual representation of download time. Bandwidth will be constrained and download time will increase during activities such as streaming content, playing games, or game streaming from your Xbox One to a Windows 10 PC.
|Current download speed||30-GB file||40-GB file||50-GB file||60-GB file||70-GB file|
|2 Mb/s||33.3 hours||44.4 hours||55.6 hours||66.7 hours||77.8 hours|
|5 Mb/s||13.3 hours||17.8 hours||22.2 hours||26.7 hours||31.1 hours|
|10 Mb/s||6.7 hours||8.9 hours||11.1 hours||13.3 hours||15.6 hours|
|20 Mb/s||3.3 hours||4.4 hours||5.6 hours||6.7 hours||7.8 hours|
|50 Mb/s||1.3 hours||1.8 hours||2.2 hours||2.7 hours||3.1 hours|
|50 Mb/s||0.7 hours||0.9 hours||1.1 hours||1.3 hours||1.6 hours|
|100 Mb/s||0.3 hours||0.4 hours||0.6 hours||0.7 hours||0.8 hours|
If you're installing a 20-GB file and it's 25 percent downloaded (15 GB remaining) and your connection speed is 10 Mb/s, it should take about 3.4 hours for the download to complete. (This assumes that the download speed stays the same.)
While you're downloading the game, do not cancel the download or shut down your computer. The Crackdown 3 icon will appear in the listed Installed Apps section of the Start menu on Xbox, and in My Library on your Windows 10 device.
Note You may be subject to additional internet fees while you download the game.
If you believe you’re experiencing a slow download of the game, go to Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One or Fix network connection issues in Windows for additional troubleshooting steps.
How do I get the best gaming experience while playing on Windows 10?
If you’re playing on Windows 10, make sure that your device meets the highest system requirements by checking its system information. See the What are the hardware requirements? section above for details on how to do this.
You can also enable Game Mode to prioritize your device’s resources for gameplay. See Use Game Mode while gaming on your PC for more info.
What kind of accessory device do I need to control Crackdown 3 on Windows 10?
You can use a mouse and keyboard or a game controller (Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller is recommended). If you use an Xbox One controller, you'll need either a USB cable to connect it to your device or an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.
You can also connect an Xbox One S or Xbox Design Lab controller to your device using Bluetooth. For more details, visit Using Xbox One Wireless Controllers on a PC.
Other USB game controllers supported by Windows may also work.
I have questions or problems with the in-game play experience. Where can I go for help?
If you’re stuck on a part of the game, you need some advice from other players on what to do next, or you want to give others hints and tips from your own experience, visit Xbox Forums.
How do I report issues playing Crackdown 3?
If you have purchased Crackdown 3 or are playing via Game Pass, visit the Xbox Forums for more in-game troubleshooting help.
Note The steps below only apply if you’re part of the Xbox Insider or Windows Insider program.
If you’re part of the Windows Insider Program, or you have a device running a version higher than 1710, you may experience some problems downloading and installing Crackdown 3 on your device. We encourage you to use the Feedback Hub to report any problems you have while running an Insider build of Windows. To do this:
- Select the Windows icon and enter Feedback Hub.
- Once the app opens, select the Feedback icon on the left.
- Click the Add new feedback button.
- Select the problem button and enter some details in the text boxes below.
- In the category selection boxes at the bottom, select Preview Programs for the first box, and Windows Insider Forums and Support for the second box.
- Select Submit to send your feedback.
If you’re part of the Xbox Insider Program and are having issues playing Crackdown 3:
- While you’re experiencing the problem, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, and then select Report a problem.
- See if your problem has already been listed. If not, select Add new problem.
- Under Categories, select Games, then select Crackdown 3.
- Enter a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing, and then select whether to include a screenshot or video if it shows the problem happening.
- Select Done to submit your feedback.
Note For both the Feedback Hub and the Xbox Insider Hub, you may not receive feedback directly from the team investigating your problem.
If you’re not part of either of these programs, go to the Xbox Forums, where you can read helpful articles and report any issues to the Crackdown 3 team.
Do I need a Microsoft account to play Crackdown 3?
Yes, you'll need a Microsoft account to play Crackdown 3. If you already play games on Xbox 360 or Xbox One, you can use the same account you use for those games to also play on Windows 10. For more details, see the Microsoft account on the Xbox console FAQ page.
I’m having problems connecting to games of Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone. How can I fix this?
If you’re able to connect to Xbox Live, and you’re sure that the Xbox Live services are not experiencing an outage (you can check the service status by visiting Xbox Live Status), but you’re still having trouble joining a game of Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone, you may be encountering an issue related to Network Address Translation (NAT). Go to the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution for additional troubleshooting steps.
Do I need to be online or connected to the internet to play Crackdown 3?
If you’re planning to be in an area with no online coverage, you can prepare your Windows 10 device to allow you to play Crackdown 3: Campaign offline. Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone is online only. For details on how to configure your Windows 10 device for offline play, see Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode.
Note If you play offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Microsoft Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline. You also won't be able to use the benefits of Xbox Live while offline. See Why should I sign in to Xbox Live with a Microsoft account? below for details.
If you earn any achievements while playing offline, they will sync to your account the next time you sign in to Xbox Live on your device. Your game save progress will also sync when you sign in to Xbox Live.
On how many devices can I install Crackdown 3?
On Xbox, you can install Crackdown 3 and play offline on your home console, as well as install and play on your friends’ consoles if you sign in to Xbox Live before playing.
On Windows 10, you can install Crackdown 3 and play offline on your main device (usually the first device you install the game on), and install on multiple devices if you sign in to Xbox Live before playing.
You can only be signed in at one place at a time while playing Crackdown 3, or any other title that supports Xbox Play Anywhere.
Why should I sign in to Xbox Live with a Microsoft account?
When you connect Crackdown 3 to the Xbox Live service, you get the following benefits while you play on your Windows 10 device.
Note You must connect to Xbox Live through the Xbox app to launch Crackdown 3. See Do I need to be online or connected to the internet to play? above.
- Stay connected to the Xbox Live community, view achievements, watch game clips, and more.
- Store your saved games in the cloud and continue playing on a different PC right from where you left off.
- Play with your Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10 using the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- Easily record, narrate, and share your most epic gaming moments.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Crackdown 3 FAQ" issue you were reading about or a different issue?