Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console
To control any purchases made on your account, you can require a passkey before a purchase can be completed. This is especially helpful to parents who want to approve the purchases their kids want to make.
Learn more about the benefits of creating a passkey.
How to require a passkey for purchases
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > Account.
- Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
- Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Scroll right and select Customize.
- Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
A passkey is now required to make purchases on your account. To turn this feature off, repeat these steps and select Passkey not required.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?