GameSpot app on Xbox 360 help
On this page
Xbox Live connection problems
If the GameSpot app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn't providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The GameSpot app doesn't start or respond to input
If the GameSpot app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the GameSpot app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the GameSpot app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
You receive the message "An error has occurred within the application"
If you receive a warning that "the application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit," follow the instructions to restart the app. If this does not resolve the issue, delete and re-download the GameSpot app.
You receive a "Content Control Error"
A Content Control Error is accompanied by the message, "Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports select ratings systems. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family."
If you get this message, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live to learn how to set video rating restrictions on your Xbox 360 console.
GameSpot TV is unavailable
If the GameSpot app is unable to connect to GameSpot TV, you will get the message, “Sorry, GameSpot TV isn’t available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.”
Try these steps to resolve the problem:
- Select the Retry option to try to connect to the GameSpot service again, or exit the app and try again later.
- Check the GameSpot service status at Xbox Live service status to see if there are any known, current issues with the GameSpot service on Xbox Live.
You receive an “Insufficient Privileges” error
An “Insufficient Privileges” error is accompanied by the message, “You are trying to share this content, but your social network privileges are disabled. In order to share, please enable your social network privileges by going to Xbox Live online account privileges.”
For information about how to adjust your social networking privileges, see Xbox Live online safety and privacy.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "GameSpot app on Xbox 360 help" issue you were reading about or a different issue?