Error xxxx-3143-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx occurs when you try to download an Xbox update on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download an Xbox Dashboard update on Xbox 360:
Note The "x" digits vary.
Can’t process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
Status Code: xxxx-3143-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
If you get this message and error code, it means that your console is looking for but can’t find a previous version of the update that you’re trying to download.
To resolve the problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Download the system update for your error code
Download the system update that corresponds to the error message and code that you got.
- Obtain a USB flash drive with at least 90 megabytes (MB) of free space.
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system (Windows).
- Download the following system update for your error code:
- Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive.
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- If there is a disc in the console, remove it.
- Turn off the console.
- Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console.
Remove the hard drive on an Xbox 360 S console:
- Turn off the console.
- Position the console horizontally.
- Locate the hard drive cover release (near the back on the right side of the console).
- Slide the release toward the front of the console while pulling the hard drive door open.
- Pull the tab to remove the hard drive.
- Replace the hard drive cover before turning the console back
- Plug the USB flash drive with the update into a USB port on the console.
- Turn on the console. When the console starts, the software update should automatically start.
Solution 2: Simplify your network setup
Sometimes the firewall on a router blocks the update download. If your router has such a firewall, you have to temporarily simplify your network setup. Here’s how:
- Turn off your console.
- Unplug your modem from your router.
- Using a standard Ethernet cable, connect your console directly to your modem. This will enable the update to bypass your router’s firewall.
There should be no other devices plugged in to your modem.
- Turn on your console.
- Download the system update that you were trying to download.
- Disconnect your console from your modem. Reconnect your modem to your router and your console to your router.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error xxxx-3143-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx occurs when you try to download an Xbox update on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?