Error 62-C00DF239 occurs when playing a video on Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console:
This may mean both of the following:
- The content is protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). Therefore, you must have a valid license to play the content.
- A valid license for the content is not stored on your Xbox 360 console. This can happen, for example, if you get a different Xbox, and you try to play the content on that console.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Note Use Method 1 if you want to play the content on the Xbox console where you originally purchased it. Use Method 2 if you want to play the content on a different Xbox console.
Method 1: If you can't play or use content that you previously downloaded
If you can't play content that you've downloaded before, download the license and content again. To do this, follow the steps at Can't play or use previously downloaded content on Xbox 360.
Method 2: If you want to play the content on a different Xbox 360 console
If you want to play the content on a different Xbox 360 console, use the Xbox 360 license transfer feature to transfer content licenses. Here's how.
Note You can transfer content licenses to a different Xbox 360 console once every four months.
- Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.
- Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
- After the licenses are transferred, download the content again to update the local licenses. For information about how to do this, see How to redownload previously downloaded or purchased content to your Xbox 360.
After you follow these steps, the content can be used by any profile on your console and when you're not connected to Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 62-C00DF239 occurs when playing a video on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?