Associate devices with your Xbox Music Pass to sync music
Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
Associate up to four devices with your Xbox Music Pass
You can associate up to four devices with your Xbox Music Pass. These devices can include:
- Tablets or computers running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- Zune devices
- Windows Phone 8 or Windows Phone 7
After you associate a device with your Xbox Music Pass, you can download and sync content to that device. You can also stream music content from Xbox Music to tablets or computers running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.
You can stream music to your Xbox One or Xbox 360 console; however, you can’t download music to those consoles. For example, you can download music to your Windows 8.1 computer and sync that music to your Windows Phone 8. Then, because your music is stored online, you can stream it to your Xbox console.
After you download or sync music from your Xbox Music Pass to a computer or other device, that computer or device will be associated with your Xbox Music Pass for at least 30 days.
You can change one computer or device associated with your Xbox Music Pass every 30 days.
- You can only use your Xbox Music Pass on phones that use your Microsoft account.
- Xbox Music Pass users may download music to up to four devices. These can include personal computers and portable devices. However, one device must be a personal computer.
- Xbox Music Pass is designed for a single user. If other members of your household have devices with Xbox Music, their own Microsoft accounts will be associated with those devices. Because of this rule, they will need their own Xbox Music Pass.
View the devices associated with your Xbox Music Pass
- From the web
In a browser, go to Manage Xbox Music Devices and sign in.
- On your Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 computer
- Start Xbox Music and sign in.
- Open the charms bar by swiping from the right (on a tablet) or placing your cursor in the upper- or lower-right corner of your screen.
- Click or tap Settings, select My account, and then select Manage Music Pass Devices.
- Start Xbox Music.
- Tap More (…), and then tap settings.
- Tap Xbox Music account settings.
- Tap Manage Music Devices, and then sign in (if necessary).
Change the devices associated with your Xbox Music Pass
To remove a computer or device from your Xbox Music Pass
Open your account. (See View the devices associated with your Xbox Music Pass.) Then, click Remove next to the name of the computer or device.
To add a Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 PC or tablet to your Xbox Music Pass
Download an Xbox Music Pass item from Microsoft Store to your computer. It will be added automatically.
To add a Windows Phone 8 to your Xbox Music Pass
Download an Xbox Music Pass item to your computer, and then sync that item with your Windows Phone 8. Your Windows Phone 8 will be added automatically to your Xbox Music Pass.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Associate devices with your Xbox Music Pass to sync music" issue you were reading about or a different issue?