Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
Note The content of this article is based on the latest version of Windows 10. Get the latest version.
Here are some tips on how to customize Xbox Game Bar and seamlessly jump between your game and favorite gaming activities.
Watch the video, Customize Xbox Game Bar. Note This video is in English only.
On this page
- Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Overlay menu.
- From the Overlays list, choose a Favorite (the star icon) or multiple favorites.
Your favorites will appear on the Home bar for quicker access.
Move, resize, and pin overlays
Create a gaming layout that’s uniquely yours. To move an overlay, click and drag it to where you want it positioned on your screen. To resize an overlay, click and drag up or down from its bottom edge.
When you pin an overlay, that overlay is always on your screen, over any game or app, even when Game Bar is dismissed. To pin an overlay:
- Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
- Select Overlay menu, then choose an overlay.
- Select the Pin icon in the upper right corner of the overlay. (Select it again to unpin it.)
Keyboard shortcuts for Game Bar include:
- Windows logo key + G: Open Game Bar
- Windows logo key + Alt+PrintScreen: Take a screenshot of your game
- Windows logo key + Alt+G: Record the last few moments of game play (You can change the duration of time recorded in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures)
- Windows logo key + Alt+R: Start or stop recording
- Windows logo key + Alt+M: Start or stop microphone recording
To create customized keyboard shortcuts, press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, select Settings > Shortcuts, enter your shortcuts, then press Save.
Adjust preferences in settings
To access your Game Bar settings, press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Settings. Here are some examples of preferences you can adjust:
- Account – Sign in with your Microsoft account to get the benefits of Xbox Social and other cool gaming features. Add accounts to share screenshots (Twitter) and listen to music while you play (Spotify).
- Personalization – Adjust the look of Game Bar.
- Notifications – Choose which toasts you want to receive.
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10" issue you were reading about or a different issue?